South African Nursing Bursaries 2019 – 2020
Nursing bursaries are made available yearly for South African students with a great compassion and desire to care for those who cannot care for themselves. These bursaries are available to motivated candidates wanting to make a difference within their communities and who are faced with dire financial needs, therefore, cannot study further due to this fact.
There are a number of companies providing bursaries for these fields of study each year and you can find more information about these bursary programs here with the following institutes:
Nursing Bursaries in South Africa
Here are some of the most commonly found study fields you will find within the Nursing field:
- Medical care for Emergency
- Nursing Care
- General Nursing
- Primary Health Care
- Public health
For a student to be eligible to study in the fields of nursing one ought to meet the following criteria:
- Candidates have to be a South African citizen with a valid ID Book / ID Card.
- Candidates have to prove their need for financial assistance.
- Candidates have to have an outstanding academic record.
- Candidates have to have pre-approval from an institute of higher learning.
- Candidates have to be from a previously disadvantaged background.