Hillary Construction Bursary South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – HILLARY CONSTRUCTION
Hillary Construction was founded by 2 members – Bill Hillary and Irene Hillary. What originally started as a earthmoving company in 1963, was later registered in 1967 as a Civil Engineering Contracting company. The company is headquartered in Polokwane but operates across South Africa, Botswana, Namibia and Zambia.
The construction companies main activities include: bulk earthmoving; road rehabilitation; road construction and maintenance; in-situ pavement layer recycling; gravel roads upgrades to bitumen; airfield construction; earth dam construction; township development and more.
The company have serviced big name clients, including the likes of Anglo Platinum; Impala Platinum; De Beers; African Rainbow Minerals; Palabora Mining Company; South African National Roads Agency (SANRAL); Roads Agency Limpopo (RAL); Roads Authority – Windhoek Namibia; Roads Development Agency Zambia; Botswana Government; Polokwane Municipality; as well as various local municipalities and private sector developers.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
Bursaries are awarded to students within the following fields (Degree/ National Diploma qualifications):
- Civil Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
The following fees will be covered by the Hillary bursary: registration, tuition, exam fees, prescribed study material, university accommodation and meals OR a monthly meal, accommodation and travelling allowance. Students will also receive a monthly salary.
Once students have graduated, they will be required to work for Hillary Construction for the equal duration of their bursary award.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen/ permanent resident,
- Currently in Matric/ have completed Matric,
- Achieved a minimum average of 65% (excluding Life Orientation subject) in Matric,
- Currently studying (or accepted to study) in one of the aforementioned fields at a recognised University/ University of Technology within South Africa,
- Current (or intended) university students: must have achieved a minimum “C” symbol for Science and Mathematics,
- Current (or intended) university of technology students: must have achieved a minimum “D” symbol for Science and Mathematics.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Students who meet the above minimum entry criteria, are encouraged to by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Full Curriculum Vitae
- Current Matric students: June exam results
- Current tertiary students: Matric certificate and full academic results
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to the Human Resource Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Hillary Construction Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
30 November 2017.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Hillary Construction directly:
Tel: 015 293 1221